Friday, April 27, 2012

This blog does not do our house justice

I visited the site Wednesday for the first time in almost two months. I don't have any new photos. Just want to say that I was impressed by the house. I complimented the contractor. It is hard to capture the essence of the house from these blog photos. You will definitely have to see it in person.

Anyway, the house is just about complete. We have some issues with mirrors fitting into the selected frames in bathrooms. The front door is not yet in place. And we are re-painting the media monolith one more time . . . . . don't ask.

If that is not enough, we have an issue with Comcast. Somewhere along the way, the cable and phone lines to the house got cut. The cable drop starts from the power pole across the street. So, the new one must be strung across the street to our power pole, and then to the house. Since we live on a bus line, this is a complicated problem for Comcast. This should be resolved in a week. Then, we can activate the hook-ups in the house.

Bottom-line, we plan to have most of the furniture delivered in 3 weeks. Then I can begin my weekly commute. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment